Monday, June 7, 2010
I arrived in Toburcurry on Saturday morning, and was dropped off at the edge of town. Pretty green little drive. Jean and Peter are very kind hosts and I'm in good hands. They are both British and have british friends around here, don't seem to like the Irish crazies, but that's ok. No wonder I could understand their accent! They don't always understand the Irish around here. So far, I've driven a tractor, helped Perter weld, planted strawbs and peas, ridden a pony, taken a long bike ride, and mucked out a duck house. Lots of work yet to be done, oh we also pounded in some posts, which was very hard work. Peter is sick and has to break often, but Jean is a little better and has me help her out more. I will be able to go into Sligo on Friday with Jean, she works parttime there for a neuro injuries rehad clinic. Many more stories to tell, but I feel bad using their computer. They are in their 50's and have two older sons who live in Manchester England. I've visited some of their friends, but for the most part its pretty quiet around here. Their friend Brian, also British, is quite crazy and smokes constantly. very strong, though, and he helped us with the posts. The accomodation here, is much nicer than his wwoofers get, and so I am quite pleased that I live with Jean and Peter. They feed me 3 cups of tea a day, and I've eaten chicken and ham!!! It was so delicious. Peter complained tonight about the omlettes, but i was perfectly pleased. Last night I had custard for the first time. Yummy. Peter is quite the scholar and was an engineer, but has degrees, since he got sick, in politics and literature. Interesting to talk to. I hope to bike around the hill of the faries soon, and maybbe up to the coast. gotta go, enjoy reading. Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment